‘TIR’ (Transports Internationaux Routiers or International Road Transport) is an international transit system based on a UN Convention implemented at global level in Public-Private Partnership. The TIR System has been facilitating and securing trade and international road transport for over 60 years, by allowing customs-sealed vehicles and freight containers to transit countries without border checks.
TIR system benefits:
- Streamline border crossing procedures
- Have customs formalities done at origin and destination rather than at each frontier
- Guarantee payment of customs duties and taxes
- Expedite international trade and reduce costs
- Use free of charge, web-based, pre-declaration and risk management tools