Food and perishable goods transport
Transporting frozen and fresh foodstuffs, perishable goods at controlled temperature requires strict compliance with both HACCP protocols and the highest requirement set by the IFS and QS certifications that guarantee Chiggiato commitment to quality.
Foodstuffs arriving on our tables face the challenges of temperature and hygiene along logistic routes, often international.
For example, let’s think of fish products, frozen at the origin, or exotic fruits, and their related customs and hygiene protocols.
Compliance with the cold chain at all stages of the supply chain is decisive for delivering your value integrity.
In this scenario, we must add and consider the risk of thefts and robberies.
Whether for hunger or resale on the black market, the food industry is increasingly under criminal attack, with economic and security damage.
For this reason, our R&D department has developed advanced security systems, both physical and electronic, to add an additional level of protection to food transport.
Food, deep-frozen and perishable goods transport: Chiggiato guarantees
- Controlled temperature -30° C / +30°C, constantly monitored by both our drivers and our control centers.
- Refrigerated multi-temperature double-deck trailers: optimize shipping costs without compromising on value. With multi-temperature double-deck trailers you can deliver, in the same shipments, goods at different temperatures
- Refrigerated trucks of our own fleet, insulated and sanitized HACCP
- In-house drivers, continuously trained, control the temperature recorder and record the measured temperatures on the trip report
- 24/7 GPS monitoring
- Remote monitoring available also for customer monitoring
- Management of customs procedures for all stages related to the import/ export of food products.
- IFS and QS Certification
With the same refrigerated trucks used for temperature controlled transport, we can also transport food products that normally have no temperature restrictions but require more sophisticated transport conditions.
We follow internally all the phases of your transport, giving you a unique reference and guaranteeing the delivery of your value intact, wherever there is a road.